Sadly, we have had several occasions over the years where we had to send customers home to get documents.
To avoid disappointment please read the following.
3 Documents you MUST bring:
You MUST provide all 3 of the following original identification documents to be authorised to have possession of the vehicle and to drive.
We will be unable to hand the motorhome over to you if you fail to provide all 3 of these documents:
1. Driving license for all drivers (Manual transmission up to 3500kg)
2. Passport or other form of official photographic ID (Passport preferred)
3. A recent domestic bill or bank statement. (No more than 90 days old. For UK license holders the address must be the same address as your driving license, this must be an original paper document, not a photocopy, or digital)
Our insurance requires that we see original paper documents, please do not e-mail copies or scans.
What is a suitable proof of address?
|1. Bank statement||6. TV license|
|2. Council tax bill||7. Bill from a water company|
|3. Credit card statement||8. An electric bill|
|4. Letter from electoral commission||9. Phone bill|
|5. Document from HMRC|
Frequently asked questions
- What if I do not receive statements or bills in the mail?
Most companies or banks will send you a paper bill or statements on request. You may also be able to get a copy at a branch.
- What will happen if I don’t take original documents?
We MUST see original paper documents. If we do not see original paper documents, then we WILL NOT be able to hand the motorhome over to you.
- Are digital copies acceptable?
No, we MUST see original paper documents.
- Can I take photocopies?
No, we need to be certain of the authenticity of the documents, therefore they need to be on the original paper.
- What will happen with my information?
All doumentation will be scanned and returned to you. Information will only be shared with our insurers, police or any other agencies under circumstances that is deemed appropriate by Loch Ness Motorhomes. Unless there are any special circumstances such as an ongoing insurance claim etc all hard and digital copies are deleted after 365 days.